What is Russia doing to get Traitor Trump reelected in 2020?

When I Googled this topic, why were the first two sources VOX and the BBC? Why not the New York Times and other major traditional American news sources? To be fair, the NYT and the Atlantic was mentioned on the first page of the search but they were near the bottom of the page.

VOX is a general interest news site and in 2019, readership was estimated to be 33.4 million visitors to its website, less than 10% of the US population. Vox is an American news and opinion website owned by Vox Media. The website was founded in April 2014 and is noted for its concept of explanatory journalism. Media Bias/Fact Check rates VOX as Mostly Factual for its reporting, a bit lower than the BBC’s rating.

The BBC’s global reach is 468.2 million people a week and it is one of the most trusted news sources in the world, but it is based in the UK, not the US. Media Bias/Fact Check rates the BBC high for factual reporting.

VOX.com reports, “Yes, Russia is interfering in the 2020 election. It wants to cause chaos again. But it’s also learned some lessons from 2016”

… “Discrediting democratic institutions, including free speech and freedom of the press, is all part of Russia’s election interference playbook. Yet PeaceData offers an intriguing glimpse into how Russian election meddling is evolving. The trolls and bots of 2016 are being replaced by outsourced writers, including, in this case, Americans. Obviously, fake news is being swapped out for articles with a particular slant or point of view.”

“Mueller’s team investigated the ties between Trump campaign officials and Russia. Mueller and a sweeping Senate investigation both documented numerous contacts between the Trump campaign and Russians linked to the Kremlin, but ultimately did not find evidence of conspiracy or coordination.

“Yet the Russia investigation, and Trump’s assault on it, helped transform a foreign adversary’s attack on US elections into a partisan issue, and has muddled the core fact that both Republicans and Democrats initially agreed on: that Russia meddled in the 2016 election and had designs on 2018, 2020, and beyond.” …

The BBC reports: “US election 2020: Who do Russian, China and Iran want to win?”

“These questions are on the minds of the US intelligence community in the run-up to November’s vote. An assessment from a top official warns foreign powers will use “covert and overt influence measures” to try to sway US voters, singling out Russia, China and Iran.

“The three should not be compounded, as each, in the view of US intelligence, has their own goal and their own capabilities.”…

“Last month a Republican-led Senate panel gave further support to the view Russia wanted Trump to win, concluding his campaign was an easy target for foreign influence but stopping short of alleging criminal conspiracy.” …

“What do the candidates say? Joe Biden recently warned there would be a “price to pay” if Russia continues to interfere, calling Russia an “opponent” of the US.

President Trump has frequently downplayed allegations of Russian interference, putting him at odds with his own intelligence experts.”

Concerning China and Iran, the BBIC reported that the U.S. intelligence community says these two countries don’t want Trump elected again because he represents chaos and uncertainty, the same thing Putin’s Russia wants.

Curious I Googled Fox News to find out if it was reporting on Russia’s meddling in the 2020 election and found this: “Wray: Russia ‘very active’ in efforts to influence election, ‘denigrate’ Biden. FBI director says Russia has sought to ‘sow divisiveness and discord’

Note that FBI Director Wray was nominated by President Donald Trump on June 7, 2017 to replace James Comey, who Trump fired. Why did Trump Fire Comey?

Why isn’t this factual news about Russia’s meddling in our 2020 election being reported everyday on prime time TV news and the front pages of every reputable newspaper in the United States?

*******

Lloyd Lofthouse is a former U.S. Marine and Vietnam combat veteran with a BA in journalism and an MFA in writing, who taught in the public schools for thirty years (1975 – 2005). He is the award winning author of several books.

My Splendid Concubine

“Packed cover to cover with intriguing characters and plot, a must read for history fans and a fine addition to any collection on the genre.” – Midwest Book Review, May 8, 2008
 
Honorable Mentions in General Fiction
2012 San Francisco Book Festival
2012 New York Book Festival

2012 London Book Festival

5 thoughts on “What is Russia doing to get Traitor Trump reelected in 2020?

  1. Excellent Blog post, Lloyd. I predict we are going to a Blue Tide on election day. I believe we will have the presidency and the senate as well as the House.

    • The odds say it will happen. In 2016, FiveThirtyEight predicted that Trump had a 29 percent chance of winning the election to Hillary Clinton’s 71 percent. I think the polls were right, but they did not factor in what Russia was doing to suppress black voters. The number of black voters that did not vote was more than 700,000. If they had voted, Hillary would have won that election.

      Trump doesn’t have 29-percent this year. FiveThirtyEight gives Trump an 11 percent chance (yesterday it was 12 percent) to win and Biden has 88 percent.

      https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2020-election-forecast/

      The only way Trump can win is to cheat and/or manipulate the system, and if the Kremlin’s Agent Orange pulls that off, it will start a bloody Civil War.

  2. Again, an excellent blogpost. I pray each day for sanity. A sane government I know will do something about this meddling. Americans who follow the marching orders of the Kremlin or any enemy are traitors and need to be publicly punished as examples.

    • Thank you. Unfortunately, due to a DOJ memo in the 1970s, the DOJ will not prosecute a sitting president, and William Barr may also be a traitor. The only recourse is to impeach Trump, but as long as Moscow Mitch and the GOP majority in the Senate will not convict him of anything, even killing, roasting, and eating babies on live TV, Trump will continue to get away with anything he wants to do or say.

      Except, in recent days Trump has been complaining at his rallies that Barr isn’t loyal to him because he will not arrest and prosecute Obama, Hillary Clinton, and Biden for crimes that exist only in conspiracy theories that not one investigation, even one by Republicans in the Senate and Trump’s unloyal to him DOJ/FBI, has found any evidence of.

      I just read that firearm sales are exploding. The Guardian reported that since the pandemic, more than 5-million firearms have been sold across the country to first-time buyers. The main reason is unrest due to Trump’s election rhetoric and the pandemic.

      Since most if not all of Trump’s loyalists already own firearms, I think it is a safe bet that Democrats and Independents make up most of those first-time buyers.

      Then when Trump loyalists start showing up knocking on our doors at 0300 to arrest us for whatever crimes Trump thinks up, they will be met with a hail of bullets through the locked doors.

Comments are welcome — pro or con. However, comments must focus on the topic of the post, be civil and avoid ad hominem attacks.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.